OIP creates diverse global learning opportunities that encourage intellectual and intercultural development through new knowledge, new perspectives, engaging difference, and self-reflection. We cultivate a community that values exploration, empathy, and ethical leadership. We provide transformative experiences that enable participants to be agents of positive change in their communities and beyond.
What We Do
In support of Princeton University's internationalization efforts, the Office of International Programs (OIP) serves as the primary resource for undergraduates seeking to gain experiences abroad that enhance the teaching and learning that take place on campus. OIP develops, promotes, and coordinates international academic activities for Princeton undergraduates. These international experiences serve to prepare students for leadership and lives of service in an increasingly interdependent and culturally diverse world.
As part of the Office of the Dean of the College, and in close partnership with the Princeton faculty, the Office of International Programs:
- Advises students interested in study abroad and international internships and maintains lists of approved study abroad programs and summer internship placements;
- Advises students applying for fellowships, scholarships, and grants, many of which fund study and research abroad;
- Provides on-going support for students participating in international programs, from pre-departure to re-entry;
- Processes academic credit for approved semester and summer programs abroad;
- Offers funding for international internships and study abroad in the summer;
- Develops and supports study and internship programs abroad in conjunction with academic departments and programs;
Princeton University is committed to providing undergraduates with high quality opportunities to enrich and expand their education through firsthand encounters with the people, cultures, and contemporary concerns of other regions of the world.