Study Abroad Global Ambassador Program
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are Princeton students who have studied abroad for a semester or academic year, and would like to encourage their fellow Princeton students to go abroad as well. Ambassadors participate in events across campus sponsored by OIP, and work closely with study abroad staff to enhance the visibility and popularity of study abroad. Students want to hear from their peers, so the anecdotes, advice, and expertise from returned students are our excellent resources for students who are considering study abroad.
There are many ways for Global Ambassadors to get involved. Members can volunteer their time and energy in the following capacities:
Share your study abroad experience with prospective students:
- Help to promote study abroad to a range of students, faculty members, and groups by talking about your experiences abroad.
- Find ways for your student group(s), club(s), and/ or organization(s) to connect with study abroad.
- Respond to interested study abroad students who may reach out via email.
Attend study abroad events:
- Talk with groups of students who are preparing to study abroad at our pre-departure orientations.
- Share information about your program or host country at our program information sessions.
- Help out at large-scale events like the Study Abroad Fair, Tiger Tuesday, the Academic Expo, or Princeton Preview.
Ambassadors will be invited to a special welcome event at the beginning of the semester, where they will meet other members, share their experiences, and learn about the different ways to participate throughout the year.
If you are interested in becoming a Study Abroad Global Ambassador or have any questions about the program, please contact the Study Abroad Program directly.