About the Dean's Fund
The Dean's Fund for Summer Study Abroad offers awards to students on financial aid who enroll in structured academic study abroad and language programs (domestic or international) lasting at least four weeks. Limited funding is allocated based on the program eligibility, available funding, level of need, academic motivation, and the application essay.
Before starting an application, please note some important Dean’s Fund restrictions:
- The Dean’s Fund does not award funding for internships.
- Students who are seeking funding for Princeton in Beijing (PIB), Princeton in Ishikawa (PII), and PIIRS Global Seminars should NOT apply to the Dean's Fund. The Office of International Programs provides funds directly to these programs.
- Some exclusions apply for certain non-Princeton programs that do not meet the academic or programmatic requirements for eligibility (e.g., iXperience).
If you have questions about whether you are eligible for funding from the Dean's Fund, please e-mail the Study Abroad Program.
Please read the application guidelines before submitting your application. Completing a Dean's Fund Application involves the following steps:
- Complete the online application through the Student Activities Funding Engine (SAFE).
- If you are applying to a non-Princeton program, designate one recommender who knows your academic qualifications. Princeton program applicants do not need to submit a recommendation.
You must also upload the following documents:
- PDF of your electronic academic record from TigerHub.
- PDF of the program information if you are applying to a non-Princeton program, including course descriptions and the published, itemized cost of the program. You must submit official program materials (print or electronic) that break out the cost of tuition from the overall program fee. We cannot issue a check without this documentation. If the cost of tuition is not itemized, please follow-up with the program to obtain the cost breakdown.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Dean's Fund application cycle for summer 2021 is currently closed.