To apply to the International Internship Program (IIP), please follow the steps listed below. IIP has existing partnerships with the companies and organizations listed on our website, so it is important that you do NOT fill out applications you find directly on their websites.
To qualify for an IIP, you must be enrolled as full-time Princeton first-year, sophomore, or junior during the summer of your internship.
- Application opens November 1, 2019, at 5 p.m.
- ONLINE application is due by Monday, December 9, 2019, at 1:00 p.m.
Step 1: Explore internships
- Browse the list of internships available on the IIP website.
- Attend an IIP information session.
- Read evaluations from previous interns, which are available in the IIP office.
- Identify the top three organizations where you would like to apply for your internship.
Step 2: Prepare application materials
- Create or update your resume. Visit the Center for Career Development for help with writing resumes.
- Prepare a one-page, single-spaced personal statement for EACH internship to which you are applying. For more information about the personal statement, visit the IIP Application FAQs. All resumes and personal statements should be in English unless otherwise specified.
- Obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript from TigerHub. First year students can use their transcript without the final grades for the term.
- IIP asks for contact information for two references. One should be an academic contact, while the other can be a work supervisor, coach, mentor, or high school teacher. Consider who you may want to ask to be your references and let them know beforehand that they should expect a call/email.
Step 3: Apply to your selected internships
- Students can apply for up to THREE internship placements. Click the link below your selected internship on the IIP website to apply. You will be directed to the Global Programs System (GPS) application.
- Please complete all required documents and questionnaires in the GPS application. Note: Once you have completed the “IIP General Application” questionnaire in your first choice application, you can copy your responses to additional program applications. To do so, open the questionnaire in the next application and select the internship from which you would like to load your responses.
Need helping using our Global Programs System?
Please visit our GPS help site.