Princeton University’s International Internship Program (IIP) offers guidance and financial support to undergraduates who wish to undertake a summer internship abroad. IIP currently partners with organizations in over 50 countries to offer 8-week internships for students in a range of interest areas including engineering, community engagement and advocacy, public policy, health fields, finance, education, and the arts.
Host an IIP intern
If your organization is interested in working with the International Internship Program to host an intern for summer 2023, please review our program information and contact the IIP office directly to request access to the host organization application.
Host Organization Timeline
The application to host intern(s) for summer 2023 will open on August 16, 2022.
- September 16, 2022: Deadline to submit application to host an intern
- November 1, 2022: IIP application for students available online
- Deadline for students to submit an IIP application
- Application I deadline: Monday, December 12, 3:00 PM
- Application II deadline: Monday, January 16, 3:00 PM
- December 2022 – February 2023: IIP submits application(s) to partner organizations for review and selection. IIP Partner/Employer(s) will conduct virtual and/or phone interviews to make final selection
- March 1, 2023: IIP must receive final selection decision from partner organization, and all rounds of interviews must be completed at this time
- March – April 2023: Offers will be made (rolling basis) to students by the IIP staff on behalf of the partner organization. Students will have 3 days from date of offer to confirm their acceptance before an offer is made to the next student
- May 2023: Students will be in direct communication with supervisor(s) to plan and prepare for their internship. International Partners are encouraged to communicate internship expectations and other aspects of the program to prepare and orient students with the organization prior to departure
- June – August 2023: Students will be engaged in international internship
- September 2023: Partner organization to provide IIP office with feedback
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and require all IIP partners to consider interns for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In accordance with the University’s policy of equal opportunity, the organization may not, on the basis of personal beliefs or characteristics such as political views, religion, national or ethnic origin, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability unrelated to program requirements, exclude persons from participation in, deny persons the benefit of, or subject persons to discrimination under any of its educational programs or activities.