Princeton University’s International Internship Program (IIP) offers guidance and financial support to undergraduates who wish to undertake a summer internship abroad. IIP currently partners with organizations in over 50 countries to offer 8-week internships for students in a range of interest areas including engineering, community engagement and advocacy, public policy, health fields, finance, education, and the arts.
Host an IIP intern
If your organization is interested in working with the International Internship Program to host an intern for summer 2022, please review our program information and contact the IIP office directly to request access to the host organization application.
Host Organization Timeline
The application to host intern(s) for summer 2022 will open on August 16, 2021.
- September 10, 2021: Deadline to submit application to host an intern
- November 1, 2021: IIP application for students available online
- December 6, 2021: Deadline for students to submit an IIP application
- December 2021 – February 2022: IIP submits application(s) to partner organizations for review and selection. IIP Partner/Employer(s) will conduct virtual and/or phone interviews to make final selection
- March 1, 2022: IIP must receive final selection decision from partner organization, and all rounds of interviews must be completed at this time
- March – April 2022: Offers will be made (rolling basis) to students by the IIP staff on behalf of the partner organization. Students will have 3 days from date of offer to confirm their acceptance before an offer is made to the next student
- May 2022: Students will be in direct communication with supervisor(s) to plan and prepare for their internship
- June – August 2022: Students will be engaged in international internship
- September 2022: Partner organization to provide IIP office with feedback
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and require all IIP partners to consider interns for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.