- Region: AsiaCountry: SingaporeField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Engineering (ALL), Health FieldsType of Organization: Academic Institution / Lab Research
As the newest institute of the A*STAR biomedical sciences cluster, IMB focuses its research portfolio on the critical and challenging interface between basic science and medicine. IMB’s goal is to understand mechanisms underlying human disease, in order to discover new and effective approaches to combating illness and promoting wellbeing. IIP interns will be placed in a lab which is tasked with developing efficient protocols that convert pluripotential hESCs into functional beta cells. Interns will be paired with a senior member of the lab as they pursue one of the lab’s fast-moving projects. If you are enrolled in the Global Health Program certificate, this internship will fulfill the GHP internship requirement.
- Region: EuropeCountry: Czech RepublicField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Physical SciencesType of Organization: Academic Institution / Lab Research
The Center for Nanobiology and Structural Biology is a joint laboratory between the Academy of Sciences and the University of South Bohemia. With its focus on molecular systems biology, the relationship between structure and function of proteins, dynamic changes related to functional processes on the level of proteins, and the mutual interaction of co-factors and sub-units in protein complexes, the laboratory is an integral part of the new research of the Institute. Interns will use specialized software to model biological systems and carry out molecular dynamics simulations. Each intern will be responsible for a sub-project and will have the opportunity to present their work at a Symposium on Structure Systems Biology.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ArgentinaField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: For Profit
Accelerate is an international executive recruitment firm, with an expert team dedicated to finding their clients top quality talent by using a direct headhunting search model. The company operates on a global basis and is dedicated to tailoring its service to match specific clients’ needs. IIP interns have the opportunity to work alongside the co-founders and directors on the communications and business development teams, while truly serving as vital team members of this dynamic and growing company. This internship is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: BrazilField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
ActionAid is an international non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to work against poverty and injustice worldwide. A federation of 45 country offices, ActionAid works with communities, often via local partner organizations, on a range of development issues. IIP interns will work on projects related to marketing, public relations, and fundraising. This placement is offered in collaboration with Veredas Institute.
- Region: AfricaCountry: UgandaField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Ecology and Environment, Food and NutritionType of Organization: For Profit
Agro-Tourism Association is an agriculture and tourism development company that aims to promote agribusiness as a catalyst for sustainable incomes. The organizations offers a range of services designed to enhance capacity farmers to engage in farming as a profitable business. IIP interns will work as a research assistant, a marketing officer, or a business development officer, depending on interest and skill set.
- Region: AsiaCountry: SingaporeField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Gender and Sexuality, Law and Public PolicyType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Aidha is an award winning Singapore-registered charity. Its mission is to provide financial literacy and self-development skills to foreign domestic workers and lower income women to enable them and their families to break out of the cycle of poverty. Aidha is a small but successful organization, now in an exciting stage of growth and scaling up of its operations. Since its inception, Aidha has impacted more than 4,500 women and their families and communities. IIP interns will work on projects related to programming, marketing, and communications.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: UruguayField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Computer Science, Engineering (ALL), Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: For Profit, Start-up
ALAN is a technology company that focuses on innovation and the transformation of human work. They utilize engineering that allows for automation solutions between companies and customers in a simple way, using new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, chatbots, mobile applications, IOT (internet of things), and virtual assistants, among others. IIP interns may work in research and analysis or user experience, depending on their skillset. This internship is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ArgentinaField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Finance, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: Start-up
Alquilando is a digital ecosystem for housing rentals that connects property owners, renters, and real estate agents in order to provide a rental experience that is safer, more practical, and online. Similar to Airbnb, Alquilando has improved and modernized renting, but instead of short-term or holiday bookings, Alquilando specializes in long-term rental contracts. Interns will be mentored by the co-founders of the company, and have the opportunity to become immersed in the real estate industry / tech startup sector. This internship is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: PeruField of Interest: Community Engagement & AdvocacyType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Alto Peru is a social enterprise that uses sports, education and urban interventions as tools for community development. They seek the personal growth of girls and boys, strengthening their potential for social change. IIP interns will work with Alto Peru on fundraising strategies and donor engagement. This Internship is offered in collaboration with Emzingo.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: BrazilField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Ecology and EnvironmentType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Imazon was founded to promote sustainable development in the Brazilian Amazon. Imazon performs high quality Amazonian research and acts as an incubator for future Amazonian scientists. Imazon has taken a leading role in advocating for political decisions that promote sustainability, including supporting conservation of protected areas and offering sustainability counseling to the public sector. Interns will assist with work related to environmental education, research (data collection and statistical analysis), and database management.
- Region: AsiaCountry: SingaporeField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Journalism and Mass Communication, Law and Public PolicyType of Organization: Government
The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham) is the leading international business association in Singapore, with over 5,500 members representing more than 750 companies. Their mission is to promote the interests of AmCham members in Singapore and the region by providing insights, advocacy and connections through programming and publications. AmCham advocates on policy issues on behalf of its members, who represent the highest levels of government in Singapore and Washington, D.C.
- Region: AsiaCountry: TaiwanField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Government, Journalism and Mass CommunicationType of Organization: Government
The American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) in Taipei is dedicated to promoting the interests of international business in Taiwan. AmCham has become one of the largest, most effective business organizations in Taiwan. With approximately 1,000 members representing more than 500 companies, AmCham speaks with collective authority on international business matters in every sector of the economy. Interns will join the reporting staff of AmCham’s business magazine, and will research and write articles for publication, as well as assist in the editorial process and gain exposure to the world of international business.
- Region: AfricaCountry: UgandaField of Interest: Computer Science, Engineering (ALL)Type of Organization: Start-up
Founded by a Princeton alum, Andela is devoted to building the next generation of tech leaders in Africa. Andela aims to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, Andela builds high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster. Interns will assist the strategy team with public private partnership ecosystem mapping for the tech sector in Ghana and South Africa.
- Region: AsiaCountry: IndiaField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Education, Journalism and Mass Communication, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
The Agency for Non-Konventional Urban/Rural Initiatives (ANKURI) works to create sustainable livelihoods for people of local villages through means of educational empowerment, income generation for women, and optimal utilization of local resources. The ANKURI Centre aims to alleviate poverty, teach useful skills and business practices, and facilitate quality education for the local community. Intern responsibilities may range from farming and construction to teaching English in local schools, and developing short films and photo campaigns to graphic design for the organization’s online and visual presence.
- Region: AsiaCountry: VietnamField of Interest: Architecture, Engineering (ALL)Type of Organization: For Profit
ARDOR Group designs high quality buildings and leads research for new building construction technology and materials with sustainable design and environmentally friendly standards. The team provides top quality consultancy services for design, urban planning, architectural design, structural design, and mechanical and electrical design for residential and industrial building. The IIP intern would join the building consultancy design services team and work on projects related to business development and partnership communications. This internship is offered in collaboration with Abroader (Student Exchange Vietnam)
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: GuatemalaField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Food and Nutrition, Health FieldsType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Asociación Centro Maya Servicio Integral is a non-profit organization located in Lake Atitlán, Guatemala. The organization aids people with disabilities living in the Municipalities of San Juan, San Pablo, San Marcos, San Pedro, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz La Laguna and Santa María Visitation. Specific services offered within the programs include special education, physical therapy, language therapy, psychological care, occupational therapy, music therapy, garden therapy, nutrition and recreational programs. IIP interns will have the opportunity to work on the nutrition program or on overall marketing and public relations for the organization. This internship is offered in collaboration with Veredas Institute.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ChileField of Interest: Physical SciencesType of Organization: Academic Institution / Lab Research
The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) is an international partnership of the European Southern Observatory, the U.S. National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Natural Sciences of Japan, along with organizations in Canada, Taiwan and Korea, in cooperation with the Republic of Chile. ALMA is the largest astronomical project in existence – a telescope of revolutionary design, composed of 66 high precision antennas located high on the Chajnantor plateau. Interns will be exposed to this innovative telescope while working with data from ALMA.
- Region: EuropeCountry: GreeceField of Interest: Arts, Culture, and Entertainment, Journalism and Mass CommunicationType of Organization: For Profit
Athens Voice is a media company that includes outlets such as the printed ATHENS VOICE newspaper, the digital publication athensvoice.gr, the radio station Athens Voice Radio 102,5 and Athens Voice Books. IIP Interns will be responsible for producing pieces for foreign audiences that travel to Athens in June and July. This placement is offered in collaboration with Empiria Learning.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ArgentinaField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Computer Science, Engineering (ALL), Graphic Design, Journalism and Mass Communication, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: Start-up
Avenida+ is a “marketplace as a service” business that offers an integral and innovative solution adapted to the needs of each of its customers. The company offers diverse and comprehensive services to its clients to help manage their e-commerce in a turnkey fashion, via promotions, logistics, customer service, marketing, technology, and payment management.The IIP intern will be fully immersed in coordination and service or research and analysis work in a community-oriented office in the heart of Buenos Aires and will be assigned individual projects tailored to their interests and skill set. This internship is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad.
- Region: EuropeCountry: IrelandField of Interest: Arts, Culture, and Entertainment, Journalism and Mass Communication, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Baboró is Ireland’s flagship international arts festival devoted exclusively to children and families. At the heart of the organization’s mission is access to the arts for all children, regardless of their geographic, economic, physical, intellectual, or cultural status. IIP interns play an essential role preparing for this annual festival in October. Interns will get a real taste of what goes into putting together an arts festival – from the venue to production and beyond.