- Region: AsiaCountry: SingaporeField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Engineering (ALL), Health FieldsType of Organization: Academic Institution / Lab Research
As the newest institute of the A*STAR biomedical sciences cluster, IMB focuses its research portfolio on the critical and challenging interface between basic science and medicine. IMB’s goal is to understand mechanisms underlying human disease, in order to discover new and effective approaches to combating illness and promoting wellbeing. IIP interns will be placed in a lab which is tasked with developing efficient protocols that convert pluripotential hESCs into functional beta cells. Interns will be paired with a senior member of the lab as they pursue one of the lab’s fast-moving projects. If you are enrolled in the Global Health Program certificate, this internship will fulfill the GHP internship requirement.
- Region: EuropeCountry: Czech RepublicField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Physical SciencesType of Organization: Academic Institution / Lab Research
The Center for Nanobiology and Structural Biology is a joint laboratory between the Academy of Sciences and the University of South Bohemia. With its focus on molecular systems biology, the relationship between structure and function of proteins, dynamic changes related to functional processes on the level of proteins, and the mutual interaction of co-factors and sub-units in protein complexes, the laboratory is an integral part of the new research of the Institute. Interns will use specialized software to model biological systems and carry out molecular dynamics simulations. Each intern will be responsible for a sub-project and will have the opportunity to present their work at a Symposium on Structure Systems Biology.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ArgentinaField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Journalism and Mass CommunicationType of Organization: For Profit
Accelerate is an international executive recruitment firm, with an expert team dedicated to finding their clients top quality talent by using a direct headhunting search model. The company operates on a global basis and is dedicated to tailoring its service to match specific clients’ needs. IIP interns have the opportunity to work alongside the co-founders and directors on the communications and business development teams, while truly serving as vital team members of this dynamic and growing company. This placement is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad.
- Region: AsiaCountry: SingaporeField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Gender and Sexuality, Law and Public PolicyType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Aidha is an award winning Singapore-registered charity. Its mission is to provide financial literacy and self-development skills to foreign domestic workers and lower income women to enable them and their families to break out of the cycle of poverty. Aidha is a small but successful organization, now in an exciting stage of growth and scaling up of its operations. Since its inception, Aidha has impacted more than 4,000 women and their families and communities. IIP interns will work on projects related to programming, impact, and research.
- Region: EuropeCountry: FranceField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Computer Science, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: For Profit
Akina Strategies is a consulting agency specializing in human resources, tourism, technology, and business organization. Interns will support communication and graphic design initiatives. This placement is offered in collaboration with Institute for American Universities.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ArgentinaField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Computer Science, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: For Profit
Alquilando is a digital ecosystem for housing rentals that connects property owners, renters, and real estate agents in order to provide a rental experience that is safer, more practical, and online. Similar to Airbnb, Alquilando has improved and modernized renting, but instead of short-term or holiday bookings, Alquilando specializes in long-term rental contracts. Interns will be mentored by the co-founders of the company, and have the opportunity to become immersed in the real estate industry / tech startup sector. This placement is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad.
- Region: AsiaCountry: SingaporeField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Journalism and Mass Communication, Law and Public PolicyType of Organization: Government
The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham) is the leading international business association in Singapore, with over 5,500 members representing more than 750 companies. Their mission is to promote the interests of AmCham members in Singapore and the region by providing insights, advocacy and connections through programming and publications. AmCham advocates on policy issues on behalf of its members, who represent the highest levels of government in Singapore and Washington, D.C.
- Region: AsiaCountry: TaiwanField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Government, Journalism and Mass CommunicationType of Organization: Government
The American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) in Taipei is dedicated to promoting the interests of international business in Taiwan. AmCham has become one of the largest, most effective business organizations in Taiwan. With approximately 1,000 members representing more than 500 companies, AmCham speaks with collective authority on international business matters in every sector of the economy. Interns will join the reporting staff of AmCham’s business magazine, and will research and write articles for publication, as well as assist in the editorial process and gain exposure to the world of international business.
- Region: AfricaCountry: UgandaField of Interest: Computer Science, Engineering (ALL)Type of Organization: Start-up
Founded by a Princeton alum, Andela is devoted to building the next generation of tech leaders in Africa. Andela aims to build a network of technology leaders on the African continent and bridge the divide between the U.S and African tech sectors. Leveraging a proven, data-driven approach, Andela builds high-performing engineering teams with Africa’s top developers to help companies overcome the tech talent shortage and build better products, faster. Interns will assist the strategy team with public private partnership ecosystem mapping for the tech sector in Ghana and South Africa.
- Region: AsiaCountry: IndiaField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Education, Journalism and Mass Communication, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
The Agency for Non-Konventional Urban/Rural Initiatives (ANKURI) works to create sustainable livelihoods for people of local villages through means of educational empowerment, income generation for women, and optimal utilization of local resources. The ANKURI Centre aims to alleviate poverty, teach useful skills and business practices, and facilitate quality education for the local community. Intern responsibilities may range from setting up medical camps for villagers, teach English in local schools, work with local women to provide income opportunities through knitwear craft, as well as have the opportunity to develop short films, photo campaigns, and graphic design for the organization’s online and visual presence.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ArgentinaField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Journalism and Mass Communication, Law and Public PolicyType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Asociación Civil por la Igualdad y Justica (ACIJ) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to defending the rights of the most disadvantaged groups in Argentine society and strengthening Argentina’s democracy. The nonprofit defends the effective enforcement of the Argentine constitution and promotes compliance with the laws that protect disadvantaged groups while aiming to eradicate discriminatory practices and contribute to the development of participatory and deliberative democracy practices. Interns can contribute to the organization through advocacy, fundraising, and research. This placement is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ChileField of Interest: Physical SciencesType of Organization: Academic Institution / Lab Research
The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) is an international partnership of the European Southern Observatory, the U.S. National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Natural Sciences of Japan, along with organizations in Canada, Taiwan and Korea, in cooperation with the Republic of Chile. ALMA is the largest astronomical project in existence – a telescope of revolutionary design, composed of 66 high precision antennas located high on the Chajnantor plateau. Interns will be exposed to this innovative telescope while working with data from ALMA.
- Region: EuropeCountry: IrelandField of Interest: Arts, Culture, and Entertainment, Journalism and Mass Communication, Marketing, Advertising, and PRType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Baboró is Ireland’s flagship international arts festival devoted exclusively to children and families. At the heart of the organization’s mission is access to the arts for all children, regardless of their geographic, economic, physical, intellectual, or cultural status. IIP interns play an essential role preparing for this annual festival in October. Interns will get a real taste of what goes into putting together an arts festival – from the venue to production and beyond.
- Region: AsiaCountry: ChinaField of Interest: Engineering (ALL)Type of Organization: Academic Institution / Lab Research
Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture (BUCEA) is Beijing’s only university for architecture. BUCEA is host to the Wu Zhi Qiao Charitable Foundation (Bridge to China) and the Research and Development Base of Earth Architecture, which is developing a platform for research and education in earth architecture. Bridge to China is dedicated to creating affordable, sustainable, and human methods for eco-dwelling construction that local villagers can use and pass on. Interns will contribute to the organization’s goal of making ecological architecture feasible for China’s impoverished rural regions.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: EcuadorField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Community Engagement & Advocacy, Health FieldsType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
The Binational Center of Guayaquil (CEN) was founded to strengthen social and cultural ties between Ecuador and the United States. CEN was declared a Cultural Heritage site of the Ecuadorian State. CEN works towards its goals by teaching English, organizing cultural events, and encouraging intellectual and artistic dialogue between the two nations. CEN is also home to a volunteer clinic, ITB Box Medico. Interns will contribute to CEN in a variety of exciting ways, including assisting in human rights development, working on Latin America-USA relations, and coordinating cultural events for the local community. Pre-health students can also apply to work in CEN’s volunteer clinic.
- Region: EuropeCountry: FranceField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Ecology and Environment, Food and NutritionType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Bioversity International is a global research-for-development organization. Bioversity International delivers scientific evidence, management practices, and policy options to use and safeguard agricultural and tree biodiversity. Bioversity helps others attain sustainable global food and nutrition security. IIP Interns will be part of a research project team related to international agricultural research-for-development, particularly sustainable conservation and use of agricultural biodiversity for food and agriculture. This internship will also have the opportunity to examine the most important certification schemes used in the banana supply chain, discover how those schemes work, and review the evidence on their effectiveness. Interns will also be supported by the science…
- Region: EuropeCountry: ItalyField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Ecology and Environment, Food and NutritionType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
Bioversity International is a global research-for-development organization. Bioversity International delivers scientific evidence, management practices, and policy options to use and safeguard agricultural and tree biodiversity. Through collaboration with low-income countries, Bioversity helps others attain sustainable global food and nutrition security. The Development Impact Unit (DIU) is a centralized core resource unit supporting three Bioversity Initiatives. Interns will be part of a research project team related to international agricultural research-for-development, such as working on foresight analysis using an integrated modeling approach or scientific communication and knowledge sharing.
- Region: AsiaCountry: CambodiaField of Interest: Community Engagement & Advocacy, Education, Health FieldsType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
COLT (Cambodian Organization for Living and Temporary-care) is a community center that helps children and families in distress with temporary and long-term residential care. COLT’s staff is passionate about maximizing opportunities for families and children in Cambodia through providing access to services and enrichment opportunities such as education, medical and social support, sustainability and sports. Interns will help organize creative ways to provide academic and extra-curricular opportunities for Cambodian children through teaching in classrooms, sports, and other social activities.
- Region: AsiaCountry: IndiaField of Interest: Biological Sciences, Community Engagement & Advocacy, Health FieldsType of Organization: Non-profit / NGO
CanSupport is a center where palliative care experts are committed to enabling a caring and supportive society around cancer management. CanSupport provides free services to the underprivileged and has contributed to the development of palliative care services across North India. CanSupport is dedicated to working with patients, families, and society at large to maximize the quality of life using patient-centered philosophy. Interns will take the lead on projects such as developing training modules for palliative care teams, as well as research various programs and methods employed by palliative care specialists to improve the quality of life for cancer patients.
- Region: Latin America / CaribbeanCountry: ArgentinaField of Interest: Business and Consulting, Computer Science, Engineering (ALL)Type of Organization: Start-up
Central de Ofertas is a mass consumption startup and the fastest growing merchant company in Argentina. The company’s online platform levels the playing field for small, growing businesses by giving them access to drastically reduced prices usually only available to larger vendors. IIP interns may contribute to the company in a variety of ways, including business analysis, community management, or mobile application development. This placement is offered in collaboration with Puentes Abroad.