At a Glance
The Yenching Academy at Peking University offers an intensive program—in English—of interdisciplinary classroom and field study of Chinese history and culture, as well as real-time issues in China’s development. As a college integrated within China’s leading university, the Yenching Academy prepares a diverse group of exceptional international and Chinese students with the knowledge of China that they need to fulfill their potential as global citizens and leaders.
All Yenching Scholars receive full funding for their studies.
Dr. Deirdre Moloney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-258-1998
- Undergraduate seniors and recent alumni. (The Yenching Academy does not have a strict age limit for applicants, but the average age of students entering the program is 23.)
- Note that applicants from Mainland China follow a different application timeline than do applicants from all other countries and territories.
Criteria for Selection
- Outstanding academic merit
- Demonstrated leadership skills and potential
- International experience
- Long-term aspirations
- Strong interest in exploring diverse cultures, particularly China and the Asia-Pacific region
The online application is available on the Yenching Academy website. Students and recent alumni wishing to receive advising should make an appointment and plan to meet with the Princeton Yenching Academy adviser by December 1 with a draft of the application. Applicants who wish to be considered for early admission to Yenching Academy should also contact the Princeton Yenching Academy adviser.
See additional resources on the “Related Links” section of this page for more information.